ECONOMIC CHART PACK
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT CHART PACKJune 2020 - December 2021
Each weekend since mid-April 2020 I’ve been preparing, updating and distributing a weekly Coronavirus Impact Chart Pack to people in Australia and overseas. Running to over 100 pages it includes:
- charts tracking the spread of Covid-19, globally and in Australia, and government responses to it;
- the impact on the global economy and major individual economies such as China, Japan, other Asian economies, the US and Europe;
- financial and commodities markets;
- multiple aspects of the Australian economy, including state-level comparisons, and the policy responses of the Australian and state or territory governments, and the Reserve Bank of Australia; and
- similar, though smaller coverage of the New Zealand economy.
The Coronavirus Impact Chart Pack had been updated every Saturday afternoon, Australian time, for as long as it remains topical. It was accessible to subscribers of the Premium Access package.
From the beginning of 2022 the Chart Pack has been replaced with three separate publications:
- The World Economy this Week, published on Monday mornings (Australian time);
- The Australian Economy this Week, published on Friday afternoons (Australian time); and
- The New Zealand Economy this Month, published on the second-last business day of each month, or thereabouts.
Each of these chart packs will continue to trace the impact of the virus (for as long as that’s relevant), economic data, developments in monetary and fiscal policy, trends in financial markets, and (where relevant) political developments. They will be accessible to subscribers of the Premium Access package.