WEEKLY CHART PACK
Each weekend since mid-April I’ve been preparing, updating and distributing a weekly Coronavirus Impact Chart Pack to people in Australia and overseas. Running to over 100 pages it includes:
- charts tracking the spread of Covid-19, globally and in Australia, and government responses to it;
- the impact on the global economy and major individual economies such as China, Japan, other Asian economies, the US and Europe;
- financial and commodities markets;
- multiple aspects of the Australian economy, including state-level comparisons, and the policy responses of the Australian and state or territory governments, and the Reserve Bank of Australia; and
- similar, though smaller coverage of the New Zealand economy.
The Coronavirus Impact Chart Pack will be updated every Saturday afternoon, Australian time, for as long as it remains topical. It will be accessible to subscribers of the Premium Access package.
If and when Covid-19 ceases to be front and centre of attention (as it is now) – whenever that might be – I will continue to prepare a Weekly Chart Pack, but with a focus on whatever replaces the virus as the issue du jour.
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE
13th June 2021
"I see a lot of chart packs in my line of work, but yours is about the best I have seen. It is amazingly comprehensive, covering far more of the world than any individual is entitled to cover, the charts are clear and easy to understand and they drill down into each topic in a very satisfying way. So well done, Saul."
"a timely and comprehensive summary from one of Australia's best economists"
Adam Creighton, Economics Editor for The Australian
“I continue to find you thinking invaluable - this year to my ritual weekend reading of the economist I have happily added ‘Saul’s latest’.”
Rufus Black, former Managing Partner of McKinsey’s, and currently Vice-Chancellor of the University of Tasmania
“Your chart pack is amazing - and thanks for offering to add me to the mailing list, that would be great to be included. Everything you could want to know is there - and the way the data are organised and presented to tell the stories makes it so easy to follow.”
Prof Jeff Borland, Truby Williams Professor of Economics, The University of Melbourne, Website
“An excellent summary. Although I take a great interest in what’s happening with COVID-19 day by day In Australia and Internationally, I always find your weekly summary a very interesting review of the past week.”
retired former Chief Executive Officer of a District Hospital Service in New South Wales